- Create a folder in one of your local cloud based mirror locations, for example:
C:\Users\Luke Johnson\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Autodesk Sync\Cloud\luke.johnson\AUTODESK_UPDATES
C:\yourpath\SharePoint\Virtual Built BIM Tools - Documents\Virtual Built BIM Toolkit\AUTODESK_UPDATES
- Share the folder with one of your local Windows users (could be your own username) by using Properties - Sharing.
- You will be able to access it in Windows explorer now as:
- Copy that address into your Autodesk Application Manager:
- Any future updates you install will be copied to that folder, and thus sync'ed up to the cloud folder. Now...
- On the PC you want to sync to, sync that shared Cloud folder down to a local location (usually this is using "Add to my OneDrive" or "Add to my Google Drive" feature)
- Do step 2 on this PC
- In Application Manager Manager, do step 4 on this PC
- Basically, for every pc you want to hook up just do steps 6-8.
Thursday, October 15, 2015
Use OneDrive or Google Drive to Store all of your Autodesk Updates for Automatic Sharing without a LAN
Do you want to create a shareable cloud-based resource for your Autodesk updates? Here is one way: