Direct link to the MSI installer for Revit 2015
Some of my testing:
30% file size reduction in RVT when using Link IFC on 85mb steel model from Tekla v16.1
v15.1.0 = 297mb
v15.2.0 = 210mb
66% file size increase in IFC when using export IFC to all proxies:
v15.1.0 = 288mb
v15.2.0 = 478mb
Some key Export improvements from the readme (I've underlined points of interest):
- The functionality for creating and using user-defined property sets has been greatly enhanced. This includes:
- Added a "DefaultUserDefinedParameterSets.txt" file to allow a user to create user-defined property sets for any setup, including the in-session setup.
- Added the "IFC2x3 Extended FM Handover View.txt" user-defined property sets file to the installation. This also fixes a typo in the original version.
- Allow the user to specify any file as a user-defined property set file, instead of being forced to use the default name and location.
- Increased the types of fields that can be used from the original 4. The full list is detailed in the DefaultUserDefinedParameterSets.txt file.
- The Setup dialog for the export alternate UI has been split into 3 tabbed pages to make it easier to find and understand the export options.
- Significantly improve performance when trying to export a highly-tessellated geometry.
New Import Functionality:
- Add an "IfcMaterial" field that contains the material name(s) associated with the element.
- Add an "IfcSpatialContainer" field that contains the name of the project, building, building story or space that contains the element.
- Create multiple layers for simple cases of elements where IfcMateralLayerSetUsage is defined.
- Import IfcGrids. There are some fundamental differences between IFC and Revit Grids, most notably that IFC grids are per-view, and Revit Grids are per-model. As such, there may be cases where some grid lines show up in more views than initially designated in the IFC file.
- Improve healing and logging of imported solid data that is slightly dirty. This should result in fewer missing objects.
Import Bug Fixes:
- Fix "missing" faces when elements were cut by openings and the IfcOpeningElement sub-category had its visibility turned off.
- Handle unbound circles used for profile definitions in certain cases.