Note: This process is very risky, so this file should be backed up before editing it. During experimentation, I had a lot of crashes and often had to restore this file to fix the issues.
- Backup RoamerCommands.xml (rename the backup or copy it somewhere, like this)
- Edit it in a text editor like Notepad++ or Sublime Text
- Look for something you want to change / add
- Modify the file
- Make sure there are no duplicate entries, like this
- Save it
- Restart Navisworks
- If Navis crashes on opening, restore the old file from Step 1 and start again
- If it doesn't crash, see if your keyboard shortcut works
Video showing that my modified RoamerCommands.xml worked:
File location on my system:
"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage 2015\Layout\RoamerCommands.xml"
There is a good list of the vanilla shortcuts at this post (this is also where Lee mentions RoamerCommands):
Keyboard Shortcuts (Hotkeys) for Autodesk Navisworks - Beyond Design: the Construction and BIM blog