Go ahead and click here to Download it now
Use coupon code whatrevitwants to receive 30% off
EDIT added video by Greg Demchak:
Follow these steps after clicking the above link:
1) Scroll down to ColorByNumber trial and add to cart
6) Click on the Color button on the Addins ribbon
7) Put in your email and the license key that you were emailed during checkout process
Here is a quick how-to on using it:
- Open a 3D View and open ColorByNumber
- Switch to the Colors tab and click on the New icon. This will make a new Colour Scheme.
- Give the new scheme a name.
- Select a Category and a Parameter
- A list of all available values in the project will appear, with some preset colours
- Click Apply
Switching to the Schemes tab will now show this new scheme as an option. If we switch to a completely different Revit project, we can instantly re-use this scheme in the other project. We don't have to transfer the scheme or anything.
Just when you were thinking how great this all is, there is a humble little button at the bottom of the main ColorByNumber dialog - Isolate. This will isolate the coloured objects, making it very easy to navigation and view your Revit model based on Category, Parameters and values.
Let's try another example: colour all Walls by their Structural Material. In about 8 clicks, it is done.
So, who is Greg Demchak, you may be wondering? Well, he was this guy:
Some dot points:
- A schedule is a good tabular view of the model data... With ColorByNumber, we make accessing information easy and visual, which can lead you to new insights on your model
- quickly select and isolate elements by their parameter values–something you can’t do with Revit out of the box.
- user research found that ColorByNumber is on the order of 100 times faster than using built-in Revit tools that accomplish similar results.
Some other links:
How to Use ColorByNumber with Revit | BIMrayBIMray
What's Next? | BIMrayBIMray
ColorByNumber "free 30 day trial" version now supports multiple users. | BIMrayBIMray
Helping search: this post is about Color By Number, otherwise known as ColorByNumber