Geometry, materials, lights and camera assets are all contained in the file. It also supports animation.
What formats can FBX Review handle?
.fbx, .3ds, .obj, .dxf, .dae, .bvh, .htr, .trc, .asf, .amc, .c3d, .aoa, .mcd.
From the App description:
* Import and review 3D files without using full commercial 3D animation software.
* DirectX 11 enabled viewport for high-fidelity asset review.
* Toggle shading modes, animations, cameras, and scene lights.
* Familiar and intuitive playback controls to review animations.
* Formats supported: .fbx, .3ds, .obj, .dxf, .dae, .bvh, .htr, .trc, .asf, .amc, .c3d, .aoa, .mcd.
Essentially, an artist can work with whatever 3D software he or she prefers and then share the asset output without having to worry about compatibility or conversion.
(via View 3D models and animations on Windows 8 with Autodesk FBX Review | Windows Phone Central
Download for Windows 8Windows Store
Download for Windows 7
Note - if you are using XP, you will have to use the superseded FBX Converter:
|FBX 2013.3 Converter for Windows (exe - 26335Kb)|
|FBX 2013.3 Converter for Windows 64-bit (exe - 26303Kb)|
Easily share and review 3D assets and animations with @Autodesk’s free new #FBX Review app: http://t.co/zjcJwHHStm via @StudioDaily
— Lynn Allen (@Lynn_Allen) July 24, 2013
Further reading: Autodesk ships FBX Review | CG Channel