You are getting this message because you downloaded a version of IFC Exporter for Revit 2013 or Revit IFC Export Alternate UI prior to January 23, 2013. We have posted an update to both, which you can get to using the links below:
IFC Exporter for Revit 2013 (v2.8):
com/RVT/Detail/Index?id= appstore.exchange.autodesk. com%3aifcexporterforrevit%3aen
IFC Export Alternate UI for Revit 2013 (v1.8):
com/RVT/Detail/Index?id= appstore.exchange.autodesk. com% 3arevitifcexportalternateui% 3aen
Updates from versions 2.7/1.7 are listed below. Please upgrade to the newest version!
If you do not wish to receive upgrade notices, please reply and I will make sure you don’t get these notices in the future.
Senior Principal Engineer
- Clean up code dealing with door and window operation and construction type.
- Clean up code dealing with getting Solids from element geometry.
- Finalize support for FM Handover view. The new functionality for this is included in the lists below.
- Replace native function call to create some columns as extrusions with .NET code.
- Renamed the shared parameters for many entity properties to have "Ifc" at the front.
- Sort parameter names on export to minimize changes in IFC file from subsequent exports of the same file.
- Add 11 new IFC common parameter sets, including: Pset_AirTerminalTypeCommon, Pset_
- Add support for IfcLengthMeaure parameter export.
- Add support IfcCircleHollowProfileDef; use for extrusions if appropriate.
- Add support for Provisions for Voids.
- Allow specification and export of a user-defined classification system, instead of just Uniformat.
- Allow exporting elements as IfcDiscreteAccessory/
- Allow "IfcExportAs" to take both the entity name and the type name in the format "IfcEntityName.TypeName".
- Export base quantities for 5 elements: IfcBuildingStorey, IfcCovering, IfcDoor, IfcSpace, IfcWindow. Some of these were already supported and were just moved from native to .NET.
- Export FabricArea and FabricSheet as IfcReinforcingMesh and IfcGroup, respectively.
- Note: that the default export settings have these set as "Not Exported" - these have to be updated manually to "IfcReinforcingMesh" and "IfcGroup".
- Export ceilings as extrusions or BReps if possible, instead of just surface models.
- Export surface styles by default for Coordination View 2.0.
- Include Ceiling as a room bounding element on export if it is part of only one room.
- Stabilise GUIDs for Pset_Building/BuildingStorey/
- Changed incorrect "PSet" to correct "Pset" for various parameter set names.
- Don't create openings for doors and windows when the host is exported as parts
- Don't export RepresentationMap for IfcTypeProduct with 0 items.
- Don't ignore an internal Revit parameter on export if it has the same name as a parameter in another group.
- Export materials for IfcReinforcementBar; make body representation "AdvancedSweptSolid".
- Fix export of grids so that only one IfcShapeRepresentation is created.
- Fix export of some extruded columns that were split into separate components by other elements.
- Fix issue where classification reference was not exported in non-English versions of Revit.
- Make "NosingLength" parameter of PSet_StairFlightCommon IfcLengthMeasure.
- Make GetExportTypeFromClassName not reject some unrecognized IFC class names.
- Move the local placement of many entities with extrusions and mapped representations for geometry to be closer to the geometry.
- Properly export Pset_ZoneCommon for IfcZones.
- Properly label some mislabelled IfcOpeningElements as "Opening" or "Recess".
- Properly scale door panel properties, window frame properties, and base quantities on export.
- Remove incorrect PsetLightFixtureCommon.
- Add a "Classification" tab to allow specification and export of a user-defined classification system, instead of just Uniformat.
- Allow choice of whether to include the elevation offset of IfcSite in the local placement of the IfcSite as a UI option. By default, the elevation offset is NOT included in the local placement as of version 2.7/1.7 of the exporter. Note that currently this override is disallowed for Coordination View 2.0 files; if there is a demand for this, we will consider allowing it with a comment in the IFC file itself. Note that this UI change needs Exporter v2.8 to work properly.- Export surface styles by default for Coordination View 2.0.