- Make a Railing in Revit 2013 with either a Top Rail or a Hand Rail (see here)
- Tab select one of the Rails and enter the Edit Path mode.
- While in this mode, enter Visibility / Graphics and turn on all Analytical Categories. You will see various paths and nodes appear on the other Railings in the project.
- Now, exit all of the editing modes by pressing Green Tick.
- Now, strangely, you can simply select and edit all of the paths on all of these Railings!
- normally, Edit Path only allows you to adjust the end extensions, so this 'bug' allows increased functionality
- I'm sure there could be some scary issues from using this in a widespread fashion
- Reversing the steps on some other handrail can enable the nodes on the original Path (from step 2)
- I don't know how to turn this mode 'off' apart from closing the file and opening it back up again...
What it looks like: