What made me go 'wow' today was this: using this add-in, you can take an IFC file and import it as a Generic Model Adaptive Component in Revit 2012. You can select the points and adjust it just like ANY Adaptive Component - but it came from Grasshopper via IFC!
Here is how to do it:
- Download and install the add-in
- Upon opening Revit 2012, you can see the add-in under External Tools - Geometry Gym IFC Importer
- You will need to email Jon to get a license XML file. Paste that into the appropriate folder.
- Now, run the Geometry Gym IFC Importer again.
- Download, then select the IFC file that Jon provided today (see below)
- Click 'Proceed' then wait a bit
- The IFC will now appear as a bunch of Adaptive Component instances that you can select and modify!
Here's the Grasshopper model, and here's the IFC file.
Geometry Gym: Generative Adaptive Component
In fact, there is some serious 3rd party development happening on the Grasshopper to Revit front - check out: