In any case, if you are interested in giving it a go, the new overclocking utility of choice is MSI Afterburner.
Obviously, you use this utility at your own risk...
- Change your core clock, shader clock, memory clock and fan speed using simple sliders
- Works on nearly any video card, not just MSI-manufactured cards
- Turn on voltage tuning for super high overclocks
- Built-in access to MSI’s Kombustor benchmarking tool
- Monitor your clocks, voltage, fan speeds, frame rate and more from the app’s drawer or from an on screen display during games
- Save your settings to five different profiles for quick loading
- Take screenshots and capture videos from your games with hotkeys
- Fine tune the automatic fan control so you stay at the temperatures you want
- Multiple different skins for changing the interface
- Start with Windows or apply settings at boot, so your card is always overclocked
App Directory: The Best Video Card Overclocking App For Windows | Lifehacker Australia