I am posting about a work method that will allow you to select a group of objects and quickly re-select those same objects. It will not allow you to use the View Filters like the true Save Selection feature would.
- Select the group of objects
- Manage - IDs of Selection
- Copy these IDs somewhere (for example, to Notepad or Excel)
- When you want to re-select those objects, go:
- Manage - Select by ID
- Paste the text from step 3 (including commas) and click OK
- Your 'set' has been selected!
Here is a quick video:
Thanks to http://www.nazdi.cz/2011/11/pitvame-projekt.html for this heads-up (translated as):
If you enter a list of numbers (separated by commas or semicolons), select the corresponding Revit several objects at once.
I previously posted about Save Selection here:
What Revit Wants: Save Selection Workaround for Revit Architecture users
What Revit Wants: RAC Users - lets get the Save Selection feature now!