You will need 3 things:
Ghostscript or here
pstoedit (or Windows exe link here)
Download and install each of the above tools. Make your life easy and stick with the 32-bit version of everything.
Once you have installed them all, open a PDF file using GSView. GSView is usually located in
With your PDF open, take the following steps:
- Click on 'Media' and set the correct paper size.
- Go to 'Edit' and click on 'Convert to vector format...'
- At the resulting PS to Edit dialog box, choose dxf_s, and add the following Driver options:
-mm -splineaspolyline -splineprecision 10
(I have found these settings to work quite well)
- Click OK.
- Select the page in the next dialog (usually only 1), press OK, and then pick a place to save the DXF file.
- Click Save.
- Open in AutoCAD and scale to correct size.
- Save as DWG.
Enjoy your PDF hacking!