RTV Tools

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Encoding 64 bit Walkthrough - Codec and Solution!

I previously described the difficulty of encoding walkthroughs on 64-bit Revit with any sort of compression codec. I did provide a workaround in this post.

However, in recent correspondence with Autodesk, a more suitable solution was revealed to me. Apparently, some users discovered that the Lagarith Lossless Video Codec works properly in Revit 64-bit. Needless to say, I was quite excited. After some testing, I can confirm that this codec works very successfully.

Here are the steps to get it working:
  1. Download the installer from here.
  2. Install the codec.
  3. Open a Revit walkthrough view.
  4. Export ... Walkthrough.
  5. Follow the usual steps, but use the new codec you installed. The default settings worked for me.
  6. Wait for your walkthrough to export and check out the result!

No comments:

Post a Comment