Lets say you have 100 sheets and these form the 'Approval' set of documents - how do you go about amending and reissuing them?
For significant revisions, it is our company policy that all revised sheets have the same entry in the Revision Schedule. Therefore, we use the following method (it takes a little setting up the first time, but it is worth it):
- On the first sheet you would like to re-issue, create a small section of Revision Cloud that is associated with the appropriate revision in from the Sheet Issues/Revision dialog box.
- Select this small section of Revision Cloud and Group it into a detail group. Call this group whatever you like - something like 'Approval Revision Set 1'
- Select the Detail Group and Ctrl-C (copy to Clipboard)
- (At this point we usually Hide the Revisions from the sheet by Tab-selecting the Revision Cloud and Hide Category in View, as we don't really use Revision Clouds in the traditional sense)
- Go to the next sheet in the set and Paste-Aligned
- Repeat this for each sheet you would like in the 'Revision Set' (you will notice that as you do this, a new entry appears in the Revision Schedule - as you would expect)
Now, you can quickly re-issue that entire set. How?
Just edit the 'Approval Revision Set 1' Detail Group that you created, and:
- Add a new piece of Revision Cloud that is associated to the appropriate entry in the Revision Schedule. All your sheets have now been issued with the new entry, and the Revision Schedule on each sheet shows the new entry!
You can do some tricky things with 'nesting' these Detail Groups to give you more flexibility or add new sheets to sets.