So, let's say you have a file with too many levels in it. You could try and reassociate everything to the levels you want to keep, and then delete the levels. But if you are on a deadline and need to hide these levels, consider this option:
- Create a new level type called 'archived'.
- Create a new Filter for Levels (call it 'archived levels'), with Filter By - Type Name - equals - archived.
- Go to a view, let's say a section, and select each Level you want to archive. Change the type to 'archived'.
- Go to Visibility / Graphics for the view, Filters tab, click Add - 'archived levels', then turn off the tickbox.
- Set up a Section view that looks how you want new Section views to look. Make sure you untick the Filter checkbox for the 'archived levels'
- Right click on it in the Project Browser and select 'Create View Template from View...'
- Name it something.
- Make a new Section, select it in the Project Browser, right click and select 'Apply View Template...'
- Select the View Template you just made, and make sure you tick the tick box at the bottom - "Apply automatically to new views of the same type"
Beware, however, because the levels are still in the project, and they may come back to haunt you...